The current product has categorized their tools based on SEO, Social Media, PPC and E-Commerce with plans to add more tools (and therefore categories).
On the homepage, first time users can use the “”tool advisor” - enter the desired website to be analyzed and the recommendation engine will suggest which tools the user can take advantage of based on the website analysis. Each tool has a unique page with an overview, an explanation of how the tool works, FAQs, and rating and reviews. Users can also interact with Einstein, a chat bot to solve any queries they may have.
Given my background in research, I led the discovery phase for this project.
Goals of the competitor analysis -
1) Understand the digital marketing domain better
2) Understand which features are common across existing, successful digital marketing platforms
3) Understand how the home page and tool pages are structured
To further delve into the existing issues with the product, we carried out a heuristic analysis.
Goals of the Heuristic Analysis -
1) Test whether the existing product is user friendly
2) Test the site's usability
3) Identify and rate problems on a severity scale
4) Make necessary recommendations for the new design
The analysis has been done section wise. Most of the important issues have been included in the screenshots. All the issues have been assigned a “severity score” which are distinguished as colored items.
I had read Norman's Design of Everyday Things and reviewed the 10 usability heuristics by the Nielsen and Norman group before carrying out the analysis.
We searched for inspiration on how other websites/products displayed multiple cards.
The chrome webstore was a good example for looking at the ways in which multiple sections (reviews, overview, related tools) were laid out in a single page
Based on this, we took a "tabs" approach and divided the tool page into-
2. Club How it Works and FAQ together (since the user may have questions once they know how it works)
4. Related tools
We also decided to make the related tools section "sticky" to the bottom to meet the clients business goal of more visibility for the other tools.